This release introduces an experimental scripting support.
- manhole is disabled by default in Debian package;
- more objects are tracked in /debug endpoint;
- “history” in render.json now includes “queryString” keys; it makes the output compatible with HAR entry format;
- logging improvements;
- improved timer cancellation.
- Dockerfile base image is downgraded to Ubuntu 12.04 to fix random crashes;
- Debian/buildbot config is fixed to make Splash UI available when deployed from deb;
- Qt / PyQt / sip / WebKit / Twisted version numbers are logged at startup.
- All Splash rendering endpoints now accept Content-Type: application/json POST requests with JSON-encoded rendering options as an alternative to using GET parameters;
- headers parameter allows to set HTTP headers (including user-agent) for all endpoints - previously it was possible only in proxy mode;
- testing suite is switched to pytest, test running can now be parallelized;
- viewport size changes are logged;
- /debug endpoint provides leak info for more classes;
- Content-Type header parsing is less strict;
- documentation improvements;
- various internal code cleanups.
- An UI is added - it allows to quickly check Splash features.
- Splash can now return requests/responses information in HAR format. See render.har endpoint and har argument of render.json endpoint. A simpler history argument is also available. With HAR support it is possible to get timings for various events, HTTP status code of the responses, HTTP headers, redirect chains, etc.
- Processing of related resources is stopped earlier and more robustly in case of timeouts.
- wait parameter changed its meaning: waiting now restarts after each redirect.
- Dockerfile is improved: image is updated to Ubuntu 14.04; logs are shown immediately; it becomes possible to pass additional options to Splash and customize proxy/js/filter profiles; adblock filters are supported in Docker; versions of Python dependencies are pinned; Splash is started directly (without supervisord).
- Splash now tries to start Xvfb automatically - no need for xvfb-run. This feature requires xvfbwrapper Python package to be installed.
- Debian package improvements: Xvfb viewport matches default Splash viewport, it is possible to change Splash option using SPLASH_OPTS environment variable.
- Documentation is improved: finally, there are some install instructions.
- Logging: verbosity level of several logging events are changed; data-uris are truncated in logs.
- Various cleanups and testing improvements.